- Supply of drinking water, sanitation and hygiene are important aspects of human health. The MDGs (subsequently SDG’s Goal-6) gave due importance to access to safe drinking water and improved sanitation.
- Reinforcing its commitment to sanitation, GoI has launched a nationwide campaign under Swachha Bharat Mission (SBM).
- MARI’s WASH program aims to enhance equitable access to drinking water and sanitation facilities.
- The programmatic interventions are focussed in a continuum of demand generation, improved governance and policy influencing.
- The projects implemented in this direction are promotion of community participation in management and maintenance of drinking water sources and sanitation facilities
- Improved access to safe drinking water through promotion of safe water stations; and influencing policies and institutions for realisation of right to water and sanitation.
Much like charity begins at home,
Sanitation and Hygiene starts with YOU and ME.
|Project Title||Promotion of Safe water Station of Telangana State|
|Funded by||Safe Water Network (SWN), New Delhi, India|
|Location||Warangal, Mahboobnagar, Adilabad, Khammam, Karimnagar and Nalgonda districts of Telangana State|
|Time Period||2009 to 2020|
|Main Objective||To establish safe drinking water plants and in the process establish robust systems to ensure financial and technical sustainability.|
|Output/Impact||Established 132 community-managed safe water stations, resulting in availability of quality drinking water to over 66000 households.|