- MARI’s WASH program aims to create awareness of the importance of 4 themes – toilet usage, handwashing, general hygiene, and menstrual hygiene.
- Provide Child-friendly WASH Infrastructure in Schools
- Ensure that the same is maintained well to the satisfaction of the children
- Increase the WASH awareness levels among the children and involve them actively in achieving behavioral change.
- Make school children as a media to take the awareness and behavioral change into their families and communities
- Aware clubs are established with student volunteers to link WASH Awareness and practice with education
- MARI conducted baseline surveys to understand the actual needs, conducted gramashabas, training for teachers, and participated in SHG/VO meetings to improve the WASH awareness. For more details, click here
Much like charity begins at home,
Sanitation and Hygiene starts with YOU and ME.
|Project Title||Achieving WASH for Right to Education|
|Funded by||Hope for Children|
|Location||Mulugu, Jangoan districts of Telangana State|
|Time Period||Jan 2019 to Dec 2021|
|Main Objective||To increase attendance and / or retention of students in schools and decrease absenteeism especially amongst girls through improved access to WASH and changed WASH behaviour leading towards better education and healthy habits and surroundings.|
|Output/Impact||Children from each primary and secondary schools expressed their knowledge and their knowledge and exposure has increased. As they are understanding the importance, they are also following the WASH practices. Their concentration on education has increased.|